This is a recipe we make on repeat in our house. Probably three times a month (we eat A LOT of granola). We devour this vanilla coconut granola on top of vanilla ice cream, for breakfast with yogurt, or even just by the the handful as an after school snack. It’s the perfect “go-to” snack that I never feel guilty about, and one that my kids and I both LOVE.
And it’s easy to see why. The combination of sweet honey and vanilla, combined with toasted nuts and large pieces of shredded coconut, finished off with rich earthy cacao nibs and flakes of sea salt make this vanilla coconut granola irresistible. Crunchy, sweet, and salty. Its the perfect trifecta.
This is also one of our favorite recipes to take to friends and neighbors as a little surprise. The kids and I package it up in little mason jars and then leave it on a few unsuspecting front porches. Just a simple and easy way to let someone know that you’re thinking of them.
I love getting my kids in the kitchen helping me cook, but what I love even more is seeing them do little acts of kindness. This delicious and easy granola is a great way for us to do both.
So go get in your kitchen. Pull those oats down off of their shelf and get cooking. I promise, you (and your friends) will be glad you did.
- 3 cups of old fashioned organic oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds (or flax seeds)
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1½ tsp of kosher salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- ¼ cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- in a large bowl combine oats, coconut, walnuts, almonds, chia seeds, sugar and salt. Mix and set aside
- In a separate bowl combine oil, honey, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into oat/nut mixture. Carefully mix and ensure all oats/nuts are evenly coated. Spread oat mixture out evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 350. Remove from oven and use a spatula to mix oats. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow granola to cool. Sprinkle cacao nibs on top of granola and mix to combine. Let granola finish cooling to room temperature before transferring to an air-tight container.